Diode Laser Treatments
Laser dentistry is one of dentistry’s latest advances. The laser delivers energy in the form of light. Depending on the intended result, this energy travels at different wavelengths and is absorbed by a “target”.
Doctors Santini and Fredrickson offer a wide variety of dental procedures utilizing a soft tissue Diode Laser. Patients are now able to experience very comfortable gum tissue procedures with virtually no pain and faster healing times.
With laser treatment, there is reduced or no bleeding, minimized swelling, no charring, and no drill noise or vibration. The stress and anxiety often associated with this type of dental work is therefore eliminated when you experience quick, effective, and essentially pain-free laser procedures. Also, postoperative sensitivity is greatly limited by laser dentistry, and recovery time is much quicker than with traditional methods. In fact, due to the less-invasive nature of the laser technique, the mouth begins to heal immediately after work is completed!
Reduced Risk of Infection:
The laser’s high-energy light beam acts as a sterilizer on the area it is working, thereby reducing the risk of bacterial infections and relapses.
The following procedures can easily and comfortably be accomplished with the Diode Laser:
- Cosmetic Gum Tissue Recontouring
- Uncovering of Implants
- Excisional and Incisional Biopsies
- Frenectomies (ie: tongue-tie release)
- Exposure of Unerupted Teeth
- Hemostasis and Coagulation
- Treatment of Canker Sores, Herpetic and Apthous Ulcers of the Oral Mucosa
- Reduction of Overgrown Gum Tissues (Gingival Hypertrophy)
- Removal of Diseased or Infected Soft Tissue in the Periodontal Pocket to Improve Periodontal Health
- Removal of Highly Inflamed Gum Tissue Affected by Bacterial Penetration
Dental lasers have been shown to be safe and effective for treating both children and adults.